You must have heard this a zillion times already “Change is the only constant”, and at BigRock, we love it. Working in such an environment is super fun, where ideas keep flowing and current situations are challenged for a better outcome. Even when we look at our products, the primary focus for any change is simply to improve the overall functionality, usability and value for money, no matter how big or small the change is. Today, we would like to share with you a small but very important update that we recently added.
What’s the Update?
Initially, new customers of BigRock who had a domain name and a hosting package in the same account, needed to manually change the nameservers of their domain name. This was done so that the domain names are pointed to the right webhosting services. Unfortunately, this bought about inconvenience because of manual intervention and possible mistakes. Well this now, is a thing of the past, thanks to the new feature of auto-updating name servers which went live recently, making it easier for you to get started.
Conditions for this update to work?
For the auto-updating of the nameservers feature to actually work the following conditions need to be fulfilled:
1. The domain name and the corresponding hosting package have to be in the same customer account (including add-on domain names in a Multi Domain Hosting account).
2. The current nameservers for the domain name must be pointing to BigRock Nameservers.
3. There should be no DNS records (A/ AAAA/ MX/ NS/ CNAME/ TXT or SRV) in our “Managed DNS” zone (there are few exceptions in case of MX/ NS and TXT records)
- In case of NS records, if there are any other NS records (other than the default), the nameservers will not be changed.
- In case of TXT/ MX records, if there are any other records than the ones that we have added, the autoupdate of the nameservers will fail.
4. If the “Free Email” option for this domain exists, there should not be any active accounts (email or forward accounts created in the cPanel or Plesk).
5. It is not a .DE domain name.
This update is available for both Single and Multi Domain Hosting (Windows and Linux). So if you are planning to take up domain and hosting through the same BigRock account, do remember that we have you covered from the minute you say go 🙂
Do let us know what you think about the new update. We would love to hear from you.