Not everyone is a professional blogger, some are just pursuing this as a hobby. But if you’re at that stage in life where you’re ready to take your blogging to the next level and make some serious moolah, then we’ve got a few tips to get you started.
- Find the right domain name: This has got to be special but picking a good domain name is quite a task. Aim for keywords within your niche and see if you can add it in your domain name. You don’t need to worry about availability anymore since you can choose from a plethora of new gtlds. Check out this article to get more tips on choosing a good domain name.
- Invest in good quality hosting: Free hosting comes with it’s set of issues like downtimes, ads, security and limited bandwidth. It’s not only crucial to invest in hosting for your blog but it’s also equally important to understand what’s the best hosting option for your blog.
- Find the right niche: It’s important to select a niche that you’re passionate about. Picking a niche just because it’s famous and gets more money often result in failure
- Keep the Design clean: The design of your blog is just as important as your content. Avoid clutter, set up an organised menu, adopt a responsive design and don’t forget the trusted search bar.
- Set goals: A plan without a goal is already a failure. You need to identify goals for your blog and go after it. Let us help you with your first goal ‘A blog post a day’ 🙂
- Social buttons: You can’t just rely on organic traffic anymore, social networking sites play a great role in boosting visibility of your work. You need to give a medium to your readers to share your work to their social accounts and that’s exactly why you need a good, visible social media sharing bar.
- Monitor statistics: Statistics give you an insight on what your readers are really consuming from your blog. You can improve your plan by looking at the data and pushing it to the next level. You have Google Analytics, social insights and so many other tools from where you can learn about your audience.
- Be active: The formula is very simple, interact with your community and share your opinion. You also need to keep a close connect with all the new trends within your niche to have a competitive edge. Find people similar to you and have healthy conversations over social channels and that’s when you’ll get noticed.
There’ so much more that you can do as a PRO Blogger, but take this as a blueprint from where you can start, build on it and steadily evolve.